Welcome to the Commission for Professional Preparation! The Commission for Professional Preparation is committed to the recruitment, preparation, and continuing education of student affairs professionals. Members work closely with the nation's graduate preparation programs, particularly through student affairs teaching faculty (and those preparing for this role) examining the recruitment of new professionals and recommendations for curriculum improvement.
John A. Mueller
Commission for Professional Preparation
Join and Get Involved!
The Commission for Professional Preparation is committed to the preparation of student affairs professionals. It accomplishes this via a diverse graduate and continuing education directorate that: create opportunities for the recruitment of those interested in entering the student affairs profession; promote advanced learning opportunities that embrace critical values of the profession such as the development of the whole student, diversity, and ethics; and that seek to address the professional development of student affairs teaching faculty through collaborative opportunities for networking, scholarship, and service with colleagues.
ACPA members can become a member of the Commission for Professional Preparation. In addition, there are varying levels of involvement.
- Join our list serv (you can sign up under "my profile" in the ACPA membership area)
- Attend our open meeting and sponsored programs at the annual ACPA conference
- Review conference programs for the annual conference
- Review our writing award and research grant applications
- Submit a program proposal for the annual conference
Contact our commission chair, John Mueller, to learn more about this commission.
Getting to ‘YES’: A Guide to Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Graduate Applicant
• Directory of Graduate Programs
• Syllabus Clearinghouse
• Research Grants
• Research and Writing Awards
• CSP Talk Listserv
• Student Affairs History Project
• April 15 Common Response Resolution
Share Your Resources
If you have documents or resources that could be useful to other faculty members as they work with future student affairs professionals in their programs, please email them to commission chairperson, John Mueller, so that they can be uploaded to this website.