Providing a network of contacts and support for those serving commuter student and adult learners;
Providing a forum for discussing and advocating commuter and adult student needs and concerns; and
Promoting the generation and sharing of data, research, services, and programs which effectively enhance commuter and adult students' development.
We are excited to announce that Commission Award Nominations are now open year-round! Providing all of us with the opportunity to nominate when great things are happening and not trying to remember all of those great things during the busy fall semester. Nominate yourself or your colleagues for one of the prestigous Commission Awards!
Join the conversation:
Please be sure to "LIKE" the Facebook page. Our goal is to reach 100 Likes and create a custom URL!
Directorate Meeting Minutes
2013 Awards Nominations Open!
Have you recognized a colleague or program serving undergraduate adult or commuter students on your campus lately? Now is the time to do so. Applications for the ACPA Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners Awards are now available. These awards recognize individuals and programs that serve the undergraduate adult and commuter student populations and are a way to distinguish best practices in our field. Awards will be offered in six categories:
Outstanding Commuter Program
Outstanding Undergraduate Adult Learner Program
Outstanding Collaboration (Program)
Commuter/Undergraduate Adult Learner Perspective by a Professional
Commuter/Undergraduate Adult Learner Perspective by a Student
Graduate Student Research and Innovation
Complete descriptions and application materials are available on the Commission awards page. Applications and support materials are due to Lisa McGuire [email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 336-334-3008] by Thursday, October 31, 2013. The awards recipients will be contacted in early January and will be presented at the ACPA Convention in Indianapolis between March 30 and April 2.
Get Involved with CCSAL!
Learn more about and get involved with the Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners by these few easy steps!
1. Join the Commission
- Visit www.acpa.nche.edu.
- Click Member Login in the gold bar in the upper right corner. Enter your ACPA login info.
- On the next screen, enter your ACPA login info,again.
- Now you’ll see your personal profile page with your membership # at the top and the date your ACPA dues will expire.
- Scroll down to the bottom left under the COMMITTEES heading.
- Find, :To join a committee: Select committee name from list of committees” and click the green link.
- Choose Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners.
- Click Join Committee.
- Confirm your choice on the following page.
2. Join the Commission Listserv
- Return to your personal profile page with your membership # at the top and the date your ACPA dues will expire.
- The 3rd heading on the page is MYRECORD.
- Click the first link here, called Manage Your E-mail Subscriptions.
- Find Commission for Commuter Students and Adult Learners, Confirm the accuracy of your email address, and decide whether to receive messages immediately as they are sent (Subscribe Single) or to receive messages as a group once per week (Subscribe Digest).
- Make any other changes as necessary on this page (receiving too much email? Unsubscribe from various ACPA lists here).
- Submit Changes at the bottom of the page.
3. Get connected via our Facebook page!
4. Run for a Directorate Body Member position on the Commission
- Please contact Jeannette for additional information!
- Serving on the Directorate Body is a three year commitment.
5. Participate in professional development activities sponsored by the Commission
- Upcoming webinars (information coming soon!).
- Suggest an activity for our Commission to sponsor.
- Submit text for our monthly email communication with Commission members (articles, tips, etc.).
- Contribute information for our Commission newsletter.
6. Nominate a colleague, student, or program for one of our Commission awards.
- Information about our awards will be uploaded soon to the Commission webpage.
8. Contribute to one of our projects
All of the above are excellent ways to become involved with CCSAL, but our most valuable resource is not listed above. The most valuable resource we can offer you is aconnection with other members who share your interests. Please watch your mailboxes for a personal message from a directorate member in your area. One of the biggest strengths of ACPA is the personal connections fostered through commissions and standing committees, and we are looking forward to connecting with you.
- Adult Learner Task Force
- The experience of the nontraditional student
- Student Veterans
- Commuter Student Task Force
- First year commuter students
- Commuter student engagement