UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI, COLUMBIA
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
Program name: Higher Education
College: College of Education
Department: Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis
Degrees and Emphases: MEd with emphases in (a) student affairs leadership, (b) higher education administration and leadership, and (c) medical education administration and leadership. / PhD with emphases in (a) higher education leadership and (b) higher education policy. / EdD
Web Page for Doctoral Degree:
- Preparing them for leadership and administrative positions in postsecondary educational institutions.
- Developing an awareness of organizational and environmental characteristics in various types of postsecondary educational institutions.
- Developing an understanding of students across all institutional types, student culture, and the impact of college upon undergraduate students.
- Developing a greater understanding of student development theories and knowledge and skills available to the educator in postsecondary settings to foster student learning and development.
- Preparing them with the appropriate skills needed to develop programs for students and assess the value of those programs.
- Preparing them to become thoughtful consumers of educational research in higher education.
Meets ACPA Professional Preparation Commission Standards: Yes
Meets CAS Standards: Yes
Entrance Exam: None required
Comprehensive exam: Not required
Hours/credits required: 33
Total number of faculty: 17
Number of faculty dedicated full time to the program: 5
© 2010 ACPA Professional Preparation Commission. Disclaimer.