Welcome to CCAPS!
Who We Are
ACPA'S Commission for Counseling and Psychological Services (CCAPS) provides a home for professionals and graduate students who are interested and involved in counseling and psychological services in higher education
Membership in ACPA provides a subscription to the Journal of College Student Development, an invitation to participate in annual conventions and placement opportunities, and representation on legislative matters that affect our profession.
Commission membership is FREE. CCAPS welcomes the involvement of any professional or graduate student who is interested in the services provided by college and university psychological service centers.
Mission and Goals
Our mission is to maintain the voice of helping professionals focused on serving college and university students in a mental health setting. Our goals include:
- Promoting the aims and values of human development in community colleges, colleges, and universities.
- Providing a forum and place for the exchange of ideas, innovations, research, and standards.
- Increasing the representative voice of those traditionally underserved and ignored in society.
- Encouraging interaction, support, and networking among all student affairs professionals .
- Providing an opportunity for mental health professionals to become involved in participatory leadership.